Recording Studio Drenthe is situated in the village of Valthermond (Holland), in the heart of a former Drenthe fencolony. In 2003, the Dutch pianist Rian de Waal renovated a dilapidated farmhouse, creating a concert/recording venue where music can be heard at its best. The old part has been converted into an attractive concert hall; the stables next door is his private studio.
With outstanding acoustics, quiet surroundings and with the additional facilities available, onder de linden is a perfect venue for recording, and for rehearsing or performing music.
The farmhouse also provides residential facilities, including single and double bedrooms, as well as a kitchen and bathroom. That saves precious travelling time and creates calm in the creative process. There are also hotels and restaurants close by.
The concert hall/recording room has been carefully constructed to provide wonderful acoustics. In collaboration with Polyhymnia excellent facilities for CD and SACD productions are also available.
- floor area about 25 x 15 meters
- beam height 10 meters
- heavily insulated multiplex roofing panels
- wooden floor
- heating pipes laid in rubber
- Steinway grand piano in excellent condition (D274)
- piano tuner (on request)
- technician (on request)
- microphones (DPA 4006. Schoeps MK2, Neumann KM143)
- microphone pre-amps custom built by Polyhymnia International BV
- DSD recording and editing:
- Sonoma DSD recording system
- Meitner adc-8 mklV dsd ad converter
- PCM recording and editing:
- Pyramix Virtual Studio by Merging Technologies
- surround monitoring:
- B&W Loudspeakers
- Sony 5000 Amplifier
Recording equipment, technician, grand piano, piano tuner and sleeping accommodation can all be rented separately.
Ruth Willemse recording opera aria’s with Peter Nilsson, winter 2016.